Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Boomerang Grace



In elementary school we did a project where everyone went home and asked their parents the story of how they were named. We researched what our names meant. Some of my friends had profound names: Samantha = "listener of God," Rachel = "innocent lamb." Kylee? Kylee = "boomerang." In an Australian Aboriginal language. Thanks, parents.

Wasn't until a little later I looked up my middle name: Rae. A Scottish name that means "grace." Now this is a name. Now I am:"Grace-that-keeps-coming-back-no-matter-how-many-times-you-throw-it-away-from-you."
Now I am: "Grace Returning."

This is a blog of preaching and teaching and searching and words. Of looking for grace- what it is to hold it in your hands, to drop it, to throw it, to have it hit you in the head when you can't catch it well or don't see it coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment